Today we’re bringing you a DIY that we’re sure is going to be a game-changer in your laundry routine. Not only is it all-natural, but it’s also super inexpensive and simple to make!
You only need four ingredients:
Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Bar Soap: Contains Organic Coconut, Palm, Olive, Hemp, and Jojoba Oils, among a few other natural ingredients. It’s unscented, so it’s great for sensitive skin, and its soft, smooth lather won't dry out your skin. Plus, it’s 100% biodegradable!
Washing Soda: Helps remove oils and residue, is a natural detergent booster and freshener, and improves liquid laundry detergent performance. And, it’s pure and natural!
Borax: A naturally-occurring mineral that maximizes detergent efficiency and eliminates odors.
Lavender Bare Oils: Lifts mood, calms nerves, and eases physical and mental stress. It also has antibacterial properties and its therapeutic scent is perfect for that fresh, clean laundry scent.
Let the laundering commence!
- 1 bar Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Bar Soap
- 1 cup Washing Soda
- 1 cup Borax (or additional Washing Soda)
- 10 drops Lavender Bare Oils
- 1 cup Oxygen Booster (optional)
- Grate the bar soap into fine particles using a hand grater or food processor.
- Carefully mix soap with the washing soda and borax (use a spoon to mix as these can be drying if used directly on skin).
- Add Bare Oils and stir.
- Store in an airtight glass jar.
- To use, add 1-2 tbsp of mixture per load PLUS 1 tbsp of oxygen booster if needed.
It’s so simple, natural, safe, and [we could go on] … It’s a no-brainer. You can’t mess it up!