Don’t fear, chapped lipped sufferers! We’ve created a few DIY Lip Care recipes that are exfoliating, softening, protecting, natural, and safe to use - perfect for winter weather conditions.
DIY Lip Sugar Scrub
Exfoliating your lips to create a smooth base should be the first step in your lip care regimen. Raw Sugar exfoliates, stimulates collagen production, and has anti-aging properties; Peppermint Bare Oils will provide a cooling and invigorating sensation; and best of all: it’s totally edible … and delish.
- 4 tbsp Raw Sugar
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 drops Peppermint Bare Oils
[This recipe will fill a 2 oz container.]
What to do:
- Melt your Coconut Oil in the microwave, double-boiler, etc. Add Honey and Peppermint Bare Oils.
- Slowly and evenly pour the melted mixture over Raw Sugar in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Spoon into containers and enjoy!
- Store the excess in a closed container in fridge to lengthen shelf life.
Rub a dime-sized amount of scrub gently onto your lips for about 10 seconds, then wipe off with a warm, damp cloth. Or, skip the cloth and lick it off. We won’t tell.
DIY Lip Rescue Balm
After your lips are exfoliated and perfectly smooth, you now have the best canvas for applying your moisturizing lip balm. Not only will your lips look better, but they will absorb the product much better.
The Coconut Oil and Shea Butter moisturize, Lemon Juice brightens and exfoliates, and you also reap the benefits of Bare Oils.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil (or Jojoba, Almond, etc.)
- 1 tbsp Beeswax
- 1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2-4 Drops Bare Oils
- ½ tsp Red or Rose Mica Powder for Tint
[This recipe will fill about 4-6 lip balm tins or tubes.]
What to do:
- Bring water to a simmer in a pot. Place a glass jar in the center of the pot and fill with Coconut Oil, Beeswax, and Shea Butter. Stir ingredients gently until melted and combined (be careful not to get any water into the mixture).
- When melted, carefully stir in Mica Powder and/or Bare Oils!
- Once mixed, use a dropper to transfer to tins or chapstick tubes. Let cool.
Give your dry, cracked lips some lovin’ this season!