Our Live Bare Movement has gotten us all thinking of alternatives to our everyday.
“My family and I are always looking for safe, natural, and eco-friendly solutions. Think little things: personal care products, disinfecting solutions, heck - even laundry!”
- Dan Niles, Creative Director at YOR Health
Today we’d like to share a few of our favorite non-toxic laundry detergent combinations using our own DIY Base Detergent and Bare Oils.
Ready, set - launder!
Combine Base Detergent Mixture with Bare Oils Combinations below for the ultimate stain-fighting, fresh-smelling, and natural laundry solutions!
Base Detergent Mixture
- 6 cups Washing Soda (We recommend Church & Dwight Co. Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda)
- 3 bars Coconut Oil-Based 4.5 - 5 oz Bar Soap (We recommend Dr. Bronner's All-One Hemp Baby Unscented Pure-Castile Bar Soap)
To Make the Base Detergent Mixture:
- Cut soap into small chunks. Add to a food processor along with the washing soda.
- Blend mixture until you have a fine powder.
- Pour into a clean container you can have on-hand when doing loads of laundry.
Depending on your preference or needs, we have a few different types of Bare Oils Combinations that you can add to the Base Detergent Mixture for the ultimate clean.
Bare Oils Combinations
Bare Oils Minty Detergent - antibacterial, germicide, minty scent
3 drops Peppermint Bare Oils
3 drops Eucalyptus Bare Oils
Bare Oils Citrus Detergent - antibacterial, fights grease, fresh scent
3 drops Lemon Bare Oils
3 drops Orange Bare Oils
Bare Oils Fruity Detergent - antibacterial, kills dust mites, floral/fruity scent
4 drops Lavender Bare Oils
2 drops Geranium Bare Oils
To Use the Base Detergent Mixture With Bare Oils:
- Add 2-3 tbsp Base Detergent Mixture per load (Note: If you are washing in cold water, dissolve detergent in hot water before adding it in).
- Select and add desired Bare Oils Combination.
- Optional: For brightening, add 1/2 cup peroxide in the bleach compartment for all whites.
- Optional: For softening, add 1/2 cup white vinegar to the fabric softener compartment.
What’s better than knowing you are doing everything you can to create a safe, non-toxic way of living for yourself or your family?