You’ve prepared for your holiday vacay, but you might have forgotten about one thing: jet-lag. This unpleasant travel monster can wreak havoc on your vacation and holiday if you don’t know how to combat it.
What is Jet-Lag?
Jet-lag is the sleepy, unpleasant grogginess you feel after a flight across different time zones. It affects your sleeping patterns and can cause sleep disturbances, swollen ankles, dehydration, and disorientation. That doesn’t sound like happy holidays to us.
We want you to enjoy your time with your Aunt Joe and Uncle Mo this season, so we have some ideas for how to prevent and/or relieve the unpleasant side effects of jet-lag.
Even better - these solutions are natural, safe, and have a variety of benefits! We’re talking about Bare Oils.
The key to using essential oils effectively is to utilize them to restore your energy, promote relaxation, etc.
We like to put a few drops of Boost: Energy Blend Bare Oils on a tissue and carry it with us throughout the day to sniff whenever we need a quick pick-me-up. Or, when we want to ease into a good night’s sleep, we put a drop or two of Sweet Dreams: Sleep Blend Bare Oils on our travel pillow.
We took an office poll and our fellow colleagues had a few recommendations:
● Lavender Bare Oils: Supports stress, anxiety reduction, and sleep improvement.
● Marjoram Bare Oils: Supports a restful night’s sleep and has unique warming and calming effects.
● Clary Sage Bare Oils: Restores hormonal balance and soothes nerves.
To enliven and invigorate:
● Rosemary Bare Oils: Aids mental expansion, clarity, and insight.
● Bergamot Bare Oils: Uplifts and restores balance.
● Pink Grapefruit Bare Oils: Uplifts mood with its bright and energizing aroma.
● Peppermint Bare Oils: Stimulates the mind and rejuvenates the body.
When we're in a DIY mood, these blends can do wonders for jet-lag:
Sweet Slumber Blend
Stress Away Blend
Stay Alert Blend
Create each blend by adding your favorite recipe to a 10 ml roller-ball and topping with Bare Oils Fractionated Coconut Oil. You can also try massaging some of the blend onto your pressure points.
These blends are sure to help keep you at your best throughout your holiday travels. We hope our guidance has prepared you even more for your upcoming vacations. But as for your cousin, Rob, who always wants everyone to join in a round of family karaoke, you’re on your own there.