Why Live Bare Amber is Perfect For Your Oily Skin
About halfway through the day, do you ever notice that your beautiful face of makeup starts wearing away - or literally melting off your face? Is your skin greasy or shiny, and do you experience frequent breakouts? If any of these sound familiar, you probably have oily skin. This one goes out to all you babes whose skin runs a tad on the oily side.
Before we continue, if you think you may have oily skin, but aren’t sure, take our quiz to help you determine what your skin type is!
If it turns out that you do have oily skin, don’t worry! Every skin type has its advantages and disadvantages, so we’re all right there with you. Some advantages to having oily skin are that the excessive production of oil helps keep the skin plump, thick, moisturized, and less prone to wrinkles.
Many of the side effects caused by oily skin are the result of overactive sebaceous glands. What does this mean? Simply, your skin just tends to produce more oil than the average person. A common mistake is to turn to products that are designed to ‘degrease’ the skin and temporarily provide that desired matte look and feel. However, the long-term effect of consistently using these products is that your skin’s sebaceous glands become stripped of their hydrating functions and overcompensate by producing more oil.
However, there is a solution. And, it’s simple!
Essential oils have the capacity to balance the skin without making the glands produce more sebum; therefore, they provide the perfect solution to these sometimes hard-to-treat problems. This is where Live Bare Amber steps in to save the day. Live Bare Amber is an oil-based multi-functional and multi-correctional serum that contains 21 of nature’s highest-quality and most effective ingredients.
Here’s a list of some of the ingredients in Live Bare Amber whose properties specifically target oily skin by helping to regulate and normalize oil production:
- Argan Oil: Rich in antioxidants, Omega-6 fatty acids, and Vitamin E, Argan Oil balances and neutralizes natural oil production, resulting in a more youthful, glowing appearance.
- Bergamot FCF Oil: Balances oily skin, evens skin tone, unclogs pores, and is a natural cleansing agent. The “FCF” here stands for "furocoumarin free.” Furocoumarins are chemical substances that sensitize the skin to the effects of the sun. So, "furocoumarin free” means there is a decreased risk of sunburn, phototoxicity, and the other negative side effects of the sun.
- Grapeseed Oil: One of the lightest oils available that helps lock-in moisture, alleviate acne, and protect the skin. It will also help balance your skin’s natural oil production and prevent it from producing excess oil.
- Orange Oil: An antibacterial and anti-inflammatory oil effective in reducing skin irritations, controlling oil production, and treating/preventing the appearance of acne. It’s also shown to boost collagen production and blood flow, as well as increase the ability to absorb Vitamin C - all of which are essential for anti-aging.
- Rosemary Extract: An anti-microbial botanical that aids in reducing acne and preventing infection. Its anti-inflammatory properties also help to soothe, prevent signs of aging, and reduce swelling/puffiness in the skin.
With these specific ingredients plus the others in Live Bare Amber, with continued use of this serum, your skin will reap the ultimate benefits. Basically, they’ll do wonders for your oily skin.
Remember the following tips to maximize Live Bare Amber’s effectiveness relative to oily skin:
- Use a gentle cleanser and DON’T SCRUB.
- Use Live Bare Amber 2x’s a day - once in the morning and once at night.
- Gently pat the product into your skin while your skin is still dewy from cleansing (This ensures your product will be fully absorbed)
So say goodbye to greasy, shiny, and dull skin - and hello to a balanced, bright, and glowing complexion.