Honestly, we forgot these brownies were healthy.
This holiday season, we’re planning on bringing this decadent add-on to the dessert table! Courtesy of the ever so delightful, longtime reader, Dr.Debrah Zepf!
Essential Black Bean Brownies
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 4 scoops GREAT *protein
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place black beans, eggs, cocoa powder, protein, honey, oil, baking powder, and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Stir in 2/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into greased 8x8 inch pan and top with the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool and cut into pieces. Store in the refrigerator.